Bob Barker Bio, Wiki, Death, Age, height, Education, Networth, Family and More
Bob Barker was an American television game show host. He hosted CBS's The Price Is Right from 1972 to 2007, making it the longest-running daytime game show in North American television history. He also hosted Truth or Consequences from 1956 to 1975.
Bob Barker Biography and Wiki:
He was a professional American Television presenter. His nickname was Bob. Do you know? What was the Date of birth of Bob Barker? Where was born Bob Barker? He was born in Darrington, Washington, U.S. on 12 December, 1923 (Wednesday) . When die Bob Barker? Where die Bob Barker? How died Bob Barker? He died at Los Angeles, California, U.S. on 26 August, 2023 (Saturday) for natural causes. Everybody want to know that how much age of Bob Barker? Age of Bob Barker was 99 years 8 Month(s) 14 day(s) old. Every person searched that what is the Country, Nationality and Continent of Bob Barker? His Country name was United States, Nationality was American and Americas Continent. Always came question from mind that What religion does Bob Barker belong to? He belong to Christian Religion.
|Famous Name||Bob Barker|
|Full Name / Real Name||Robert William Barker|
|Date of Birth||12 December, 1923 (Wednesday)|
|Age (Untill death)||99 years 8 Month(s) 14 day(s)|
|Birthplace||Darrington, Washington, U.S.|
|Date of Death||26 August, 2023 (Saturday)|
|Death Place||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Death Of Cause||natural causes|
Bob Barker Height , Weight and Physical Stats:
Do you want to know about Physical Stats of Bob Barker? Then here is the right information for you. The Height of Bob Barker was In feet: 6 feet 1 inch, In meter: 1.854m, In centimeter: 185.52cm and In inch: 73 inches & Weight was 85 Kg. Also His eye color was Blue. & hair color was White.
|Height||In feet: 6 feet 1 inch, In meter: 1.854m, In centimeter: 185.52cm and In inch: 73 inches|
Bob Barker Education:
Most of the people search on google for Where studied Bob Barker? Bob Barker studied from school- Central High School (1941); universitiy- Drury University. What is Educational Qualification of Bob Barker? So for your kind information, His Educational Qualification was graduated with degree in economics.
|Qualification||graduated with degree in economics|
|School||Central High School (1941)|
Bob Barker Family & Relationship status:
As a Celebrity, many people search on google for His family information. So His father name was Byron John Barker & mother name was Matilda Kent Tarleton. Also Bob Barker brother(s) name was Kent Valandra If you need to know marital status of Bob Barker, He got married . His wife name was Dorothy Jo Gideon (m. 1945; died 1981).
|Father||Byron John Barker|
|Mother||Matilda Kent Tarleton|
|Wife||Dorothy Jo Gideon (m. 1945; died 1981)|
Bob Barker Net worth & Luxury:
The most valuable thing, which you must need to know the Bob Barker Net Worth & Luxury information. According to our analysis, Wikipedia, Forbes & Business Insider: The Net Worth of Bob Barker was around 80 Million US dollars. Check the below table for more details about His Luxury information.
|Networth (Approx.)||80 Milion US Dollar|
While attending college in Drury, Barker worked his first media job at KTTS-FM Radio in Springfield. He and his wife left Springfield and moved to Lake Worth Beach, Florida, and he was news editor and announcer at nearby WWPG 1340 AM in Palm Beach (now WPBR in Lantana). In 1950, he moved to California to advance his broadcasting career. He was given his own radio show, The Bob Barker Show, which ran for the next six years from Burbank. He was hosting an audience-participation radio show on KNX (AM) in Los Angeles when game show producer Ralph Edwards, who was looking for a new host to replace Jack Bailey on the daytime-television version of his long-running show, Truth or Consequences, happened to be listening and liked Barker's voice and style.
Game show career
Truth or Consequences (1956–1975)
His hosting debut on Truth or Consequences, 1956. He started hosting Truth or Consequences on December 31, 1956, and continued with the program until 1975
The Price Is Right (1972–2007)
In early 1972, Mark Goodson and Bill Todman began shopping a modernized revival of The Price Is Right to stations, with Dennis James as host. CBS expressed interest in the series, on one condition: instead of James, Barker would be installed as host. After some initial resistance, Barker instead offered to host another upcoming CBS game show, Jack Barry's The Joker's Wild (which had difficulty finding a host and was scheduled to debut the same day as Price) to allow James to host Price, but CBS rejected this proposal.
On September 4, 1972, he began hosting the CBS revival of The Price Is Right.
On October 15, 1987, he did what other MCs almost never did then: renounced hair dye and began wearing his hair gray, which was its natural color by that time.
He announced on October 31, 2006, that he would retire from The Price Is Right in June 2007. He taped his final episode on June 6, 2007, with the show airing twice on June 15.
After his retirement, he made three return appearances to The Price is Right. He first appeared on the episode that aired on April 16, 2009, to promote his new autobiography, Priceless Memories. He appeared in the Showcase round at the end of the show. Barker made another guest appearance on the show to celebrate his 90th birthday, which aired on December 12, 2013. He announced a contestant for the first time ever on the show, along with one showcase. Barker's last appearance was a surprise appearance on April 1, 2015, for an April Fools' Day switch where he took Drew Carey's place at the show's intro. He hosted the first one bid and pricing game of that day before handing the hosting duties back to Carey and later appeared during the showcase.
Film and TV appearances
- In 1996, he played himself in the Adam Sandler comedy Happy Gilmore. In one scene, Barker beats up Gilmore after an altercation arising from their teaming up in a Pro-Am Golf Tournament. In 2007, during a CBS prime-time special commemorating His career, the fight scene from Happy Gilmore was shown, after which Sandler made a surprise appearance on stage to read a poem paying tribute to Barker. In 2015, during Comedy Central's "Night of Too Many Stars" benefit show to battle autism, Barker and Sandler reunited for a video featuring the two of them in a follow-up fight at the hospital, which ends with both of them dying and going to heaven.
- Barker was a semi-regular panelist on the game shows Tattletales (1975–1976, with wife Dorothy Jo) and Match Game (1973–1980). Barker sat in Richard Dawson's former place during the first week of Dawson's permanent absence from Match Game.
- Barker co-hosted CBS' coverage of the Rose Parade from Pasadena, California, for several years during the 1970s and 1980s.
- In the 1970s, he was the host of the annual/biennial Pillsbury Bake-Off (the bake-off occurred every two years starting in 1976). In 1978, he was the first host to have a male category champ.
- He appeared on Bonanza, playing a character named Mort in the 1960 episode "Denver McKee".
- Barker appeared on various talk shows such as: Dinah!, Larry King Live, The Arsenio Hall Show, Crook & Chase, Donny & Marie, The Rosie O'Donnell Show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Wayne Brady Show, the Late Show with David Letterman, and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
- He also made cameo appearances on The Nanny and The Bold and the Beautiful, respectively in 2002 and 2014.
- About one year after his retirement frim the Price is Right, Barker appeared in a public service announcement promoting the transition to digital television in the United States. The advertisement was produced under the first proposed date of February 16, 2009, for the transition.
- On September 7, 2009, Barker was a special guest host for WWE Raw (called "The Price is Raw") in Rosemont, Illinois. Aired during a period when nearly every episode of the weekly wrestling show featured a celebrity guest host, with mixed results, Barker's appearance has been ranked the best of nearly 80 hosts.
- Barker agreed to be a rotating guest co-host on The Huckabee Show, a daily TV talk show hosted by Mike Huckabee. Barker first appeared on the show July 29, 2010.
- He appeared in a commercial for State Farm Insurance's "Magic Jingle" campaign, where he made "a new car!" appear for a woman whose previous car was totaled by a giant concrete cylinder.
- Barker filmed a TV advertisement endorsing David Jolly, a candidate for the Republican Party nomination for the 2014 Florida's 13th congressional district special election. Jolly won the nomination and ultimately won the seat.
- Barker voiced the character Bob Barnacle, a snail business owner on "Sanctuary!", an episode of the Nickelodeon animated series SpongeBob SquarePants.
Awards and honors
Daytime Emmy Awards
Overall 19-time winner:
- 14-time winner of Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host, as host of The Price Is Right
- 4-time winner of Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show, as executive producer of The Price Is Right
- Lifetime Achievement Award, presented at the 1999 Daytime Emmy Awards
2009 Slammy Award for Best Guest Host.
- "Bob Barker Studio" at CBS Television City named in his honor.
- Time magazine's Greatest Game Show Host of All-Time
- GSN Lifetime Achievement Award
Halls of Fame
- Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Television Hall of Fame (class of 2004).
- NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame (class of 2008).
His autobiography, Priceless Memories, written with former Los Angeles Times book review editor Digby Diehl, was published on April 6, 2009
What was the profession of Bob Barker?
His profession was Television presenter.
Where was the birth place of Bob Barker?
His birth place was Darrington, Washington, U.S..
What was the Date of Death of Bob Barker?
The date of death was 26 August, 2023 (Saturday) of Bob Barker.
What was the death of cause of Bob Barker?
Bob Barker death of cause was natural causes.
How old was Bob Barker?
Bob Barker was 99 years 8 Month(s) 14 day(s) old.
What was the Date of Birth of Bob Barker?
The date of birth was 12 December, 1923 (Wednesday) of Bob Barker.
How tall was Bob Barker?
The height was In feet: 6 feet 1 inch, In meter: 1.854m, In centimeter: 185.52cm and In inch: 73 inches.
Who are parents of Bob Barker?
His parents are Byron John Barker & Matilda Kent Tarleton
Who are siblings of Bob Barker?
His siblings are Kent Valandra
Who was wife of Bob Barker?
His wife name was Dorothy Jo Gideon (m. 1945; died 1981).